Mar 2, 2007

He Is Jealous For Me

Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God. Ex. 34:14

For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Deut. 4:24

I've found a new song to sing. The words have been absolutely blowing me away, and my spirit has been agreeing with them.

It is written by a guy named John Mark McMillan. Here is his website http://www.thejohnmark.com/

As I slept last night, the words to this song were playing through my mind and spirit. I have been pondering the truth of them for a few weeks now. Here is one verse.

He is jealous for me.
Love like a hurricaine, I am a tree
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy
When all of a sudden
I am unaware of these afflictions eclypsed by glory
And I realize just how beautiful You are
And how great Your affections are for me

O how He loves us so
O how He love us, how He loves us so

He love us, whoa how He loves us, Who how He loves us, Whoa how He loves"

Its a very unusual song with unusual lyrics, but I have discovered that I am also unusual and peculiar.

1 Peter 2:9 says
"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light" KJV

Here is the same verse from The Message

"But you are the ones chosen by God, chosen for the high calling of priestly work, chosen to be a holy people, God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you -"

We all have been called to be worshippers, whether we can carry a tune or not. We are unique and peculiar, and need to "speak out" for Him and describe who He is to others around us.

From now til eternity there will be musicians creating songs that will speak of His endless love. This unmeasurable love is beyond words, and yet our lyrics will somehow give us some kind of a way to express how we feel about Him.

For all who sing little spontaneous songs to Him, as you are doing your daily chores or as you sit at His feet........... keep writing, keeping singing, keep thinking.......... keep being inspired by His love and His attributes, and share it with all of us who long to live a lifestyle of worship.

2 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Cheryl,
This post was such a blessing to me today! Thanks for reminding me about how special I am to GOD. I love that song...Actually, I just emailed Shaun at work and sent him your blog to read. Thanks for sharing.
Holly

Shari said...

Cheryl

I missed reading this earlier. I find this Very Intersting as this topic has been on my mind and heart for the past month.

God speaks to us many of the same things in spite of the difference in location....He is a NEAT GOD!!

Shari