Mar 3, 2009

Gifted To Lead

I'm just a wee bit excited of late. My job at The Leadership Centre Willow Creek Canada, has been a dream come true, and one that I would have never expected.
Daily, I am amazed at the wealth of information and opportunity that comes my way, just by working for such a great ministry.


A few months ago, our staff decided to host a is a unique event especially for women with spiritual gifts and abilities in leadership.
In preparation, I have been reading Nancy Beach's book, called Gifted To Lead. As I read it, I could identify with many of the situations and circumstances that Nancy wrote about in regards to women in leadership.

I always say that leadership is influence, its not about the number of people you lead, it's about how you lead and inspire others that truly matters

Now, I get to help bring this message of inspiration and hope to women across Canada.
How amazing is that?

This morning in staff devotions we were asked, "What are the things you have on your bucket list?" As I pondered, I realized that God already had, or was in the process of fulfilling many secret dreams for me. God always remembers our secret dreams and desires and He keeps them in his memory and releases them at His will and perfect timing. I like waiting for His plan to be unfolded, its always perfect!

3 Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires.

5 Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.
6 He will make your innocence radiate like the dawn, and the justice of your cause will shine like the noonday sun.

7 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37

2 comments:

Shaun and Holly said...

Shaun and I loved reading this!! Thank you Cheryl. God is so good and we are thrilled for you that so many secret dreams of yours have come and are coming to pass.

We also love this:
"Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act."
God has been speaking to us lots lately about not striving...and I think that verse really sums that up. It is hard (often) to be patient...but I think we get better with practice...

:P

H&S

joanne said...

"...a dream come true..."
What a great thing to be able to say!
It's so awesome that God has given you this!!
He loves to make our dreams come true:)
xo