Jan 5, 2010

Change Is In The Air

Can you tell?
Well, if you don't follow my blog frequently you wouldn't even notice. Just to fill you in, I've changed my blog background a few times in the past few weeks.
Its really just an indication in the natural of what is going on inside my mind and heart. Change is in the air. Its coming. Don't know what it is, but I can tell its coming.
Each of us have little triggers or reactions when we sense change is coming. Not all of us even like change. That's OK. Change still comes whether we like it or not, so I for one want to always learn new ways to adapt and adjust so that I can move with the times and wind of change.

Here's a few indicators for me that change is coming:
  1. Discontentment of where things are at right now.
  2. A desire to study or learn, even though you are not sure why. (This has always been great preparation for the future).
  3. A burst of creative thinking.
  4. Discovery of inspiring thoughts or ideas from previously unknown sources.
  5. A willingness to want to adjust, even though it seems impossible or uncomfortable.
  6. Clarity of personal mission and vision.
God always moves us onto greater things, but it requires a willingness on my part to let go and leap. Each time I sense change is coming, I see this type of picture in my mind.

What do you see? What do you feel? What are the indicators of change for you?

8 comments:

Mom's Group said...

Oh yes, I feel it!!!

What do I see? Needs and desires that can not be met unless there is change.
What do I feel? Restlessness, expectancy, courage, determination, faith, and sometimes a little fear!
I also find that I am dreaming (through the night) like crazy...3-4 dreams. Crazy!

Cyndi said...

I can testify to your indicators Cheryl. All very true for me as well.
I work in an office where change is ongoing - processes never stay the same. We recently transferred to a new data inputting system that transformed nearly everyone's jobs in one way or another. Talk about stressful!
One of the things about change is the level the awareness individuals are at. For example - you may be aware of change coming, may have mulled it over and come to terms with it, even gotten excited about it. But when we then land it on family/friends they also need time to adjust to the change. You may have been adusting for 6 months or a year so even though you are ready to take the leap, sometimes we still have to wait for someone else to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Great insight gals.
Holly, its weird I have been dreaming a TON lately as well.
Cyndi, thanks for the great words of insight. You are so right. It is important to give everyone time to adjust to change.

Maureen said...

Ok change is obviously in the air as I too have been dreaming more intensely than usual.
Very vivid thoughts and colours of late.
Just finishing some blogging thoughts of ones motive of heart.
I have been feeling a change is needed within myself but admittedly so taking that leap is hard and very scary,my flesh is getting weaker daily trying to stay the same and I feel exhausted.
The Lord has big plans for this upcoming year,I feel it very strongly,time to untie my boat from the dock and let the breath of the Holy Spirit drift me out into deeper waters.

Jen said...

Change...
Exciting and stressful all at the same time.
I think I have been in transition so long now that I am actually begging for change...or the completion of it ;o)
I believe God has lots in store this year...He told me to leave 2009, Thankful.
The last time He asked me to be thankful for something that wasn't totally easy to be thankful for...He had something new, long desired and a true blessing waiting just around the corner.
I have a feeling that is part of what is happening right now.
Dreaming....Yup! After a season of very few dreams, I am having some very vivid and somewhat telling dreams lately.
For me, God uses many metaphors and He has been gently prodding me to "Dream Again".

Great thoughts Cheryl!

Anonymous said...

Mona - You go for it girl. Untie the boat. A fantastic book to take the step is from John Ortberg, called "If You Want To Walk On Water, You Have To Get Out of the Boat"
You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
That is such great insight. We do need to leave the past with a heart of thankfulness.
I like when you said:
The last time He asked me to be thankful for something that wasn't totally easy to be thankful for...He had something new, long desired and a true blessing waiting just around the corner.
That is sooo awesome!

Tamatha said...

I am on the verge of some big changes this year too. I know it is coming. Just waiting. (waiting is hard sometimes)

I love what Cindy said about other people needing time to adjust to some changes.